Software Dev Engineer II at Expedia Group
Expedia Group (EG) revolutionizes travel through the power of technology. Across the globe, our brands make travel easier for millions of people who want to step out of their homes and into the world. We’re a hardworking and focused team from all over the world – with 20,000 + employees, in over 30 countries. Together we seek new ideas, innovative ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds, and approaches.
As Customer Data Platform Team we are making traveller data accessible and actionable. Our Mission is to build the travel industry's premier customer data platform to delight the users' trips experiences through Identification, Personalizatio, AI, recommendations and targeted marketing.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Data Engineer. Your main responsibility will be working with the team and our customers/collaborators to analyse, define, design, and engineer Customer Data Product’s needs, wants along with bringing innovation and raising the bar to best in class and beyond in a true Agile environment.
What you’ll do:
- Develop scalable, highly available, performant and resilient Tier-1 services with high throughput in the tens of thousands of requests per second with low latency.
- You will be developing core capabilities that enable features and APIs that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops.
- You will own the continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) while utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Scale services to more than 50k transactions per second
- Develop new capabilities to our EG Trips Attribute Store that will enable new features and improve experiences
- Develop Real Time processing layer for creating personalization based off user behavior and data
- Work with brand stakeholders on a scalable integration patterns to access these core systems.
- As part of our continuous learning culture, you will have the opportunity to participate in exciting global company hackathons and various career building courses with co-workers of all levels of expertise.
Who you are:
- 4+ years previous experience building highly available, scalable fault tolerant distributed systems
- solid foundation and expertise in any one of the objected oriented programming language would be required.
- As a SDE II you should be able to break down sophisticated problems and drive towards solutions owning end to end outcome
- Possess high learning agility and curious to learn and recommend new technologies for business problems
- Exposure in web services development, web and/or application containers, microservices, and distributed architecture
- 2+ years working in agile environment
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to work well with in and across the teams
- Experience designing real-time low latency solutions with Elasticsearch or equivalent search technologies
- Experience operationalizing machine learning models in with high throughput and low latency.
Technologies We Use:
- Java, Spring Boot, Kafka, REST API, Streaming frameworks, Caching, Kubernetes, Cassandra, elastic search index and latest opensource technologies
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the ability of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where remarkable people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to Engineering or Customer Support, Marketing, or Lodging Supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal: to bring the world within reach. We strive passionately for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age..Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.