Software Developer II
Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about Travel, Technology, and solving tough problems for the Customer? Does building the foundations of a highly scalable travel service platform linking customers and travelers from different channels like chat, mobile web and voice interfaces to intelligent virtual agents excite you? Do you like to tackle a variety of Business and Technology problems? If so, here is an excellent opportunity for you. We are seeking a strong software developer to join a talented group of engineers/technologists in building foundational core services for the GCO service platform supporting multiple brands and lines of business.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 4+ years software development experience in enterprise quality software.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Proven self-discipline, dependability and accountability
- Strong working knowledge of Java and web technologies
- Proficient with cloud infrastructure and services
- Experience in agile software development processes and working successfully in a team
- Excellent communication and organizational skills - should be able to bring forward a vision or opinion
- Ability to quickly and effectively research technical problems and solutions online
- Interest in learning and tackling increasingly complex tasks
- Willingness to work flexible hours at times, to support a geographically distributed team
- Experience working with relational and No-SQL databases
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop exemplary and thoroughly tested code for our products
- Deliver on aggressive team goals
- Partner effectively in defining technical solutions
- Excel in communicating with teammates clearly and consistently
- Follow coding standards and engineering excellence practices as agreed by the team
- Estimate engineering effort effectively
- Cross organizational boundaries to collaborate with other technology teams to solve integrated problems
- Collaborate and work effectively with TPMs, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and product managers
WHY JOIN US:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.