Software Developer, Merge Tools and UI at Unity Technologies
Game creation is a collaborative process that involves groups of contributors, and having the right tools and workflows is essential to making a successful game.
Our Collaboration Team is responsible for products involving multi-user workflow within the Unity Editor. On our team, you will build tools that empower creators to work on the same scenes and assets without conflicting with each other.
As a Software Developer on the Collaboration Team working on Merge Tools you will work with a small group of other developers, product managers, and user experience experts to provide quality workflow for merging Unity Assets. Foremost, you will work on building intuitive UI on top of merge tool SDKs that empower artists and designers merge together work from multiple contributors. Our team will create the next generation of in-editor merging technology so that Unity development teams across the world can seamlessly collaborate and produce stunning content to gamers.
- Collaboratively design and implement quality merge workflows within the Unity Editor.
- Work closely with UX Designers and Product Managers to provide the best possible workflows for our customers.
- Contribute and collaborate with a global team of engineers.
- Professional experience owning the development of multiple product features or full software products
- Proficiency with C# or C++
- Experience developing software tools and UI
- Working knowledge of OOP, data structures and algorithms
- Passion for creating intuitive, efficient tool workflows to solve complex problems
- Experience with merge tools
- Experience with IDE/Content creation tools
- Experience using Unity
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and tasks
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.