Software Development Engineer 2 at Expedia Group
At Expedia Group, we have the most data for the traveler's journey, and we create the tools and technology to help millions of travelers search and book their perfect trip - from flights to activities, accommodations to cars, our tools cover it all. Get involved in solving problems and building creative solutions by implementing the newest technology and approaches. You will have the opportunity to influence design decisions, build strategies and drive projects to completion.
We are the only global full-service travel company, and we’re making travel easier on over 200 travel sites in over 70 countries. Our teams develop technology that creates unforgettable travel experiences. You’ll build highly scalable applications, contribute to the systems architecture and manage operational aspects like performance tuning and monitoring. We are looking for world-class talent to help us deliver incredible travel experiences powered by data and technology. If you are a self-driven, collaborative problem-finder and solver, and passionate about travel, you’ll love the challenge of technology at Expedia.
What you’ll do:
- Be a part of our development team and actively participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, development, testing and roll-out, and support.
- Solve complex business problems by utilizing disciplined development methodology, producing scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies.
- Teach and mentor junior developers in project implementation methodology.
Who you are:
- A self-starter who is consistently looking to innovate and find ways to enhance our customer’s experience, with an ability to own epics from end to end.
- Strong technical proficiency, capable of problem-solving and applying critical thinking. A deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms and data structures.
- Elegant technical designs are part of your DNA.
- Strong coding skills
- Strong communication skills. You articulate your ideas to peers and leaders, providing details and understanding of your approach. You keep solid documentation.
- Proven ability to collaborate among peers, leaders and across functions and business groups. You enjoy and take pride in the work of the team.
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Prior experience working with distributed systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- 3+ years Software Development work experience (using any mainstream programming language)
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.