Software Development Engineer, Destination Experience
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As a Software Engineer at Remitly, you are a builder, responsible for taking on complex technical and customer problems and creating great products backed by great systems. We use cutting edge languages, tools, and frameworks to build applications and services on top of a scalable cloud architecture. Our startup work environment is fast-paced, mission-driven, and growing quickly.
The Destination Experience (DEX) team is responsible for the core of Remitly’s product; a platform transferring funds in a reliable, consistent and timely manner ensuring our customers always have a great experience – from the time they send, to the time their remittance is received. The DEX team is a fundamental driver of Remitly's ability to reach international customers and provide a diverse set of disbursement methods such as bank deposit, cash pickup, mobile wallets, and home delivery. The mission of this team is to create reliable, defensible, global disbursement networks and delight our customers with personal destination experiences to support international remittance expansion. From the quality of integrations to the customer facing personal experiences we build, the DEX team directly impacts the Remitly experience.
What will your experience on the team be like?
- Our team is tasked with building the next generation platform that is at the heart of Remitly, used for all money transfers.
- We run on modern technology stacks, relying on AWS offerings, automated testing, monitoring, and mature deployment infrastructure.
- We aim for quality software as a starting point and believe that work-life balance is required to make this happen.
Some examples of current interesting problems include:
- Building APIs, services, mobile, and web applications for our next-generation customer experience.
- Designing a robust system to provide timely and cost-effective customer support across a variety of modern communication channels.
- Building a scalable platform for integrating with diverse bank APIs around the globe to collect, manage, track, and disburse funds.
- Integrating online machine learning and predictive analytics models with our transactional systems to predict customer demand and prevent fraud.
Some examples of things you’ll work on:
- Contribute to company expansion by laying the foundations for a next generation platform to enable payments across the globe
- Make customers transfers fast and reliable by evolving the distributed software architecture that is at the heart of Remitly
- Helping to build an intelligent rules engine to ensure transfers are routed optimally every time over the best available banking partner
- Building a scalable, maintainable, and reliable platform for integrating with diverse bank APIs around the globe to collect, manage, track, and disburse funds
What do we need from you?
- 3+ continuous years of experience as a software developer.
- Understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and related cloud technologies a plus
- Experience with distributed systems or microservices architecture in production a plus.
- Experience defining and influencing technical designs and processes across a team.
- A deep understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms.
- An understanding of database fundamentals and expertise in working with one or more databases. Preferable experience in SQL, NoSQL, and related technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Does this sound like the place for you? Join us!
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an Everify Employer