Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA. We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone.
Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
Since launching our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017, Wyze has continued to bring new, innovative products to our users. You can learn more about Wyze and our various products at wyze.com.
What is this opportunity?
You are passionate about AI + IoT and our products and mission, and are passionate in applying your skills (e.g., software development, firmware, embedded system, machine learning) to solve customer problems in a fast-growing startup, then this is the right opportunity for you.
IoT is a perfect area for landing AI technologies, and Wyze provides the unique opportunity for landing AI technologies into products used by millions of users which is still growing at a fast pace.
A look inside the role:
As an SDE (Edge AI), you will develop softwares and systems to be deployed on-device that support a variety of AI models for a broad range of applications such as object detection, face detection/recognition, sound detection/recognition, multi-modality sensor data analysis. You will be working closely with a team of highly experienced and talented scientists and engineers, with the mission to build smart living for everyone, using machine learning, deep learning and embedded systems. Since we are an early-stage effort in a startup environment, you will also contribute to the best practices of software development for Wyze and help to establish the culture of the AI team.
- Design technical solutions for on-edge AI model deployment, serving and management.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs by conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas by following the software development life-cycle, identifying and resolving the ambiguities between business logic and implementation level
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Staying current with state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- BS, MS or PhD in CS or related fields.
- Proficiency in C or C++Deep knowledge of computer architecture, network, and embedded systems.
- Experience with one or more of the deep learning toolkits, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, MXNet, Darknet, Caffe, etc. on edge devices such as Raspberry Pi, Jetson, etc.
- Knowledge of Deep Learning and Computer Vision algorithms (Object Detection, Face Detection/Recognition)Experience with back-end server development with modern server or cloud environments, such as container, NoSQL databases, MapReduce, distributed file systems
- Experience designing, implementing, and integrating with REST APIs
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate highly technical data to various stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and strategize in a variety of project areas and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Solid experience in developing on platforms of ARM or MIPS
- Solid experience in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
Ready to be part of #teamwyze then please send us your resume or detailed Linkedin profile. We also love covers letters that tell us all the amazing things you can do!
Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s how we do things!
Read Full Job Description