Software Development Engineer, Fleet
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
The Axon Fleet product line brings advanced camera monitoring technology to the police car, recording quality information just like the Axon body worn cameras. Additionally, smart wiring in the car can activate recording for the car and nearby body cameras. The in car client software can review and triage collected evidence before upload to Axon's Evidence.com service.
There's abundant room for future innovation and Fleet needs a motivated experienced Software Developer passionate about our mission and opportunities to join the team and deliver on the vision.
- Design and implement new features for V1 and V2 in-car applications
- Work on a breadth of platforms, from cloud services to the embedded drivers that power our product
- Conduct ride alongs with local law enforcement to get real-time feedback on product
- You have 5+ years of experience crafting and shipping and supporting high quality products.
- You have owned the design and implementation of software components.
- You have shipped production features in more than one language (such as Java, C++, Golang, Objective C, Swift ....
- You have worn multiple technology hats, working on a variety of areas like back-end, front-end, client, mobile, and/or embedded.
- You have utilized performance analysis tools and incoming telemetry to improve your features and the product.
- You are self-motivated team member and positively engage to productively work out the best architectural choices for the team's areas.
- You understand back-end technology and getting features running against such services, influencing the back-end design as needed.
- You have production experience with React, Node.js, Electron, and/or Golang.
- You have refactored aspects of a significant code base.
- You are familiar with the constrained lower-level programming of embedded devices.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description