Software Development Engineer (Front End) at Expedia Group
Do you want to transform the experience of millions of travelers the world over? Do you love working with a creative engineering team in building an intelligent, scalable and personalized travel assistance platform? Do you want to create a world-class React web application with rich and intuitive user interface that will be used by business partners in the travel industry? Our goal is to build the best portal experience for the conversational bot platform that can allow easy management for our business partners.
As a Front-end Software Development Engineer, you propose, prototype, design and implement various portal capabilities in collaboration with teammates. By now, you would have built and supported public facing web applications which are interactive, performant, and at scale.
Challenges you can work on:
- Work with a world class design team to build experiences seen by millions of visitors every month!
- Develop capabilities relying on user analytics, microservices, and data science programming models
- Contribute to the architectural design of our front-end platforms and products
- Endless opportunities to grow your career
Technologies we use:
- Node.js, React.js, GraphQL, Webpack, Jest, Jasmine/Mocha, HTML5, CSS3, Less, Hapi.js, Kafka, Cassandra, AWS, Docker, Splunk, Datadog
Who you are:
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Passionate about delivering a high quality user experience
- Effective communicator
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers and other stakeholders to develop new capabilities
- Participate in our innersource culture (Internal Open Source) by delivering high quality code that levels up not only your team but the entire organization
- Have the opportunity to showcase your work on our tech blog and at internal & external conferences
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.