Software Development Engineer I
Expedia Group is revolutionizing travel through the power of technology, and the eCP team is at the heart of that mission. eCP provides a world class platform of e-commerce technologies and services operating at global scale to support our rapidly growing family of brands.
Our Enterprise Risk & Security Technology team (ERS Tech) is seeking a highly motivated software engineer. You will help deliver in one of the best security and technology organizations in the world, ensuring our data and systems are secured with the best standards and technology solutions.
In this position, you will design and implement systems that will help prevent fraudulent activity and security breaches on Expedia’s websites. You will develop distributed systems that scale up to millions of transactions. The solutions you build will have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line and day to day operations.
What you’ll do
- Be a part of our development team and actively participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, development, testing and roll-out, and support.
- Solve complex business problems by utilizing disciplined development methodology, producing scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies
- Teach and mentor junior developers in project implementation methodology
- Implement and operate high-quality, scalable technology solutions based on 3rd party and in-house technologies for securing Expedia Group's resources and its customer's data
- Actively maintain, monitor and improve our solutions and security postures with a focus on service excellence; apply industry standards and new technologies to improve productivity, quality, and system performance
Who you are
- A self-starter who is consistently looking to innovate and find ways to enhance our customer’s experience, with ability to own epics from end to end.
- Strong technical proficiency, capable of problem solving and applying critical thinking. A deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms and data structures.
- Strong communication skills. You articulate your ideas to peers and leaders, providing details and understanding of your approach. You create solid documentation.
- Proven ability to collaborate among peers, leaders and across functions and business groups. You enjoy and take pride in the work of the team.
- Prior experience working with distributed systems, object oriented programming languages and service oriented architectures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.