Software Development Engineer I
Expedia Group’s purpose is to bring the world within reach. Do you have a passion for powering Expedia Group's travel revolution with a premier platform of ecommerce technologies and services operating at a global scale?
Are you passionate about solving hard technical problems and learning new technologies? Do you aspire to build a robust, well-designed and well-engineered financial platform?
We're looking for a highly capable, passionate, motivated Software Development Engineer to join us in building our financial systems platform.
What you'll do:
- Be an open advocate in Oracle EBS Space and middleware platforms
- Play a key role in the analysis, design and development in Oracle Applications primarily focusing on solutions in Order to Cash processes
- Drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery in our software development process
- Mentor junior members of the engineering team and raise the bar by contributing to continuously improving engineering practices and development standards
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with others in crafting and implementing the technical vision.
- Partner with neighboring teams in designing, testing, deploying and operating highly scalable solutions
- Serve as a technical expert within the organization
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and possess 3+ years of experience in enterprise software development
- Strong working knowledge of ERP technologies and Financials concepts, specifically highly complex global solutions
- Strong skills in Oracle EBS technologies including SQL, PLSQL, XMLP, Forms/Reports, WebADI, Unix, and SQL tuning and high-volume data processing
- Ability to learn quickly, orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously, master our systems and identify areas of improvements
- Route cause analysis and complex problem-solving skills are preferred
- Knowledge on Agile methodologies
- Strong critical thinking skills and willingness to make strategic bets and understand the risks/rewards associated
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.