Software Development Engineer I at Expedia Group
Do you thrive in an environment focused on innovation, continuous delivery and test automation? Interested in building platform services in the cloud supporting eCommerce systems at massive scale?
The Order Management team at Expedia is looking for a self-starter to help lead our team building and deploying the next generation of Order Management systems.
Who you are:
You are not only skilled at programming but an excellent communicator with a bias for action. You have focus and strong sense of ownership. Over time you will grow into a key technical resource capable of full stack development as well as driving cross-team design and architecture reviews.
- •Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- •2+ years full-stack software development experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks
- •Excellent coding skills in Java and proficiency with HTML and XML
- •Experience working with NodeJS and Rest APIs and familiarity with development of services using Spring Boot
- •Good communication and ability to explain technical details and challenges to a wide variety of audiences (including executive leadership)
- •Ability to work in a diverse organization with global, decentralized teams working across multiple locations
What you will do:
- •You are a voracious learner, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architecture.
- •Write code utilizing object-oriented design and system level programming
- •Create and maintain APIs that interface with critical components of the Expedia Booking Services
- •Performance test and load test services you write and optimize for performance and scalability
- •Practice resilience engineering for every component you build and evangelize resilience within the team
- •Support and deploy your services
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-AN1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.