Software Development Engineer I
Are you passionate about software development, machine learning and the technology needed to drive a multi-billion dollar business? Do you love building data-driven, intelligent, and scalable ML/AI services? Does building solutions for a global, dynamic, and growing engineering organization energize you?
As a Software Development Engineer I within Global Customer Operations (GCO), you will join a team dedicated to driving technology innovation to create effortless customer experiences worldwide in Expedia Group apps, web sites, support channels, and contact centers via our Virtual Agent Platform. We support over 80 million customer interactions a year and over 12 thousand agents – across a global brand portfolio and workforce. GCO's Data and Intelligence team is looking for an enthusiastic and talented engineer with skill-sets and experiences that demonstrate proficiency in software development and machine learning. Our team is building out learning and intelligence services that power Expedia Group's Virtual Agents to address customer needs in an optimal manner without needing human intervention.
In this role, with your passion, technical skills, and effective communication, you will implement and affect solutions that drive customer effort down and improve customer self-service at Expedia, empowering millions of travelers to enjoy their perfect trip.
WHO YOU ARE:
· 0-2 years software development experience in enterprise quality software and a BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and machine learning
· Proven ability to code in Python/JAVA/C#/JS
· Proven self-discipline and accountability as well as excellent communication and organizational skills - should be able to bring forward a vision or opinion and tackle increasingly complex tasks
· Ability to quickly and effectively research technical problems and solutions online
· Familiarity with AWS infrastructure and services
· Familiarity with relational and No-SQL databases
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
· Develop exemplary and thoroughly tested code for our platform
· Analyzing and transforming data, selecting features for machine learning models
· Deliver on aggressive team goals and partner effectively in defining technical solutions
· Excel in communicating with teammates clearly and consistently
· Follow coding standards and engineering excellence practices as agreed by the team
· Cross organizational boundaries to collaborate with other technology teams to solve integrated problems
· Collaborate and work effectively with TPMs, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects, and product managers
WHY JOIN US:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.