Software Development Engineer I
A fearless and dynamic engineer on an upward path:
- You have ambitious career goals and are looking for a company and team where these goals will be fulfilled.
- You are computer science literate and can demonstrate competency in the qualifications you put on your resume.
- You can quickly figure out how things work.
- You can read code and learn from it; you can write code so others can learn from it.
- You can quickly integrate into a team and start contributing.
We are a growing and fast-moving team of engineers helping our customers understand and optimize their cloud costs. Our work spans the whole stack: we ingest and analyze massive data sets, scan billing and usage patterns for ML-based insights, automate these insights and present data to our customers in an intuitive UI. We follow the DevOps model.
What we want you to do:
- You will work with a talented team to deliver a market-leading Cloud Business Management product.
- You will be a part of a team that has end-to-end ownership of the entire product, from design, development, deployment to operations and interacting with customers.
- You will collaborate with other teams in Apptio to integrate our product within the overall Apptio ecosystem.
- Competency in a C-like language (C++, Java, etc.).
- Computer science literacy: algorithms, data structures.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux, operating system concepts, networking, file system and databases.
One or more of the following areas:
- Familiarity with AWS and/or other public cloud technologies.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning basics.
- Familiarity with distributed source control systems such as Git and Mercurial.
- Familiarity with test-driven development and frameworks (e.g. JUnit).
- Familiarity working in a DevOps model.
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs. At corporate office- public transportation reimbursement, free parking, free drinks & snacks.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.