Software Development Engineer II - AWS
We are looking for a well-rounded Software Development Engineer II to drive and implement our AWS platform strategy, and improve our platform monitoring capabilities.
This is a multi-dimensional, hands-on programming role responsible for developing new solutions in AWS (Lambda, RDS, Glue, DynamoDB, EC2, ECS, EMR, ElasticBeanstalk, S3, SecretsManager, IAM, SES, SQS, SNS), in and around Salesforce and also bug fixes on current functionality. You will need AWS experience, as well as proficiency in object-oriented programming, Python, and SQL. Salesforce (SOQL, APEX, Visualforce, Aura Components, and Lightning Web Components) experience is definitely a plus but not required as the main focus of this role is AWS development. This will, however, be an extraordinary opportunity for you to learn Salesforce from a talented Salesforce development team.What you will be doing:
- Supporting a diverse stakeholder group in all phases of development: planning/grooming, delivery, support
- Designing, developing, debugging, and modifying components of new and existing AWS applications and supporting technologies
- Translating business requirements into logical, component-based technical designs
- Participation in daily stand-ups to provide updates and maintain transparency within the group and across business partners
- Participation in architecture and design discussions to promote adherence to development best practices
- Providing guidance to more junior team members and championing scalable solutions
- Participation in peer code reviews to drive quality across the platform
- Troubleshooting and driving resolution of bugs/issues
- Contribute technical insight to daily support issues, as needed
- 5+ years previous development experience with Python and SQL
- Strong experience in AWS development and AWS tools (Lambda, RDS, Glue, DynamoDB, EC2, ECS, EMR, ElasticBeanstalk, S3, SecretsManager, IAM, SES, SQS, SNS)
- Experience in technical analysis and object oriented programming
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Team-oriented but able to work autonomously
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain deadlines
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. Our portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury.
- We believe in being Different. We seek new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie, and sameness is dangerous. Because of this belief, our norms aren't rules or universal at all corners of our company. But they are important to our identity and how we work together. Like our company, these norms will evolve.
- We are Transparent. We communicate openly and honestly, at all levels, upwards, sideways and downwards. We surface difficult issues quickly, we act, we learn.
- We organize for Speed. We seek to gather data as fast as possible, and move. Speed allows us to make mistakes and constantly improve.
- We believe in the ScientificMethod. Everyone’s ideas are equal in the face of hard data. We use data to guide but not define our actions.
- We LeadHumbly. Our leaders serve their teams. None of us has all the answers, but we are curious, and we are always looking to learn. Though our leaders take their responsibilities to our business and their teams incredibly seriously, they never take themselves too seriously.
- We act as OneTeam. We look to optimize for the greater good, not just our own, or even our own teams' interests. We are actively interested in the success of others.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.