At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
About the Role:
The Scoring Engineering team owns and develops the data and rules engine products that improve our real-time fraud and risk decisions. You will do this by developing platforms that allow us and partner teams to easily provide high-quality and low latency data to our Risk decisions systems and machine learning domain using modern technologies such as graph databases, Spark, Flink, Kinesis, Go, and Kotlin. Your work will affect tens of thousands of transactions a day. You will partner with the Risk product team, Machine Learning team, and Analyst team to decide on product requirements. As an engineer on the team, you will report to the Technical Lead of the Scoring Engineering team.
- Be a part of an early stage team
- Dig into the customer experience to discover new sources of information to improve our risk models
- Lead technical projects within the team, create designs and communicate them to engineers and product managers
- Work with AWS Neptune, Flink, Kinesis, Spark, Go, Kotlin, and many other modern technologies
- Build flexible platforms support the needs of our partner teams for years to come
- Partner with machine learning engineers, risk specialists and data scientists to provide decisions that reduce fraud and compliance risks
- An interest in protecting Remitly and our customers from fraud and other bad actors
- 3+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field or relevant experience
- Expertise in one or more general-purpose languages
Nice to Have:
- Experience with the AWS suite systems
- Experience in Go or Kotlin
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer