Software Development Engineer II - Fraud Scoring at Remitly
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The Scoring engineering team owns the domain that drives Fraud prevention at Remitly. We build infrastructure that provides high-quality and low latency risk evaluations on tens of thousands of transactions a day. As a Scoring engineer, you will get to own and grow systems built with modern technologies such as Go, Kotlin, graph databases, Spark, Flink, and AWS services like Neptune and Kinesis. You will partner directly with our machine learning engineers, analysts, and platform team to develop products that keep the fraudsters out and ensure the best experience possible for good customers! As an engineer on the team, you will report to the Technical Lead of the Scoring Engineering team.
- Own technical projects within the team, create designs and communicate them with engineers and product managers
- Dig deep into the customer experience to discover new sources of information to improve our risk models and rules
- Build flexible platforms support the needs of our partner teams for years to come
- Work with AWS Neptune, Flink, Kinesis, Spark, Go, Kotlin, and many other modern technologies
- 3+ years of backend experience
- Expertise in one or more general purpose language
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer