Software Development Engineer II (Full Stack) at Expedia Group
Software Development Engineer II
Expedia Insurance and Assurance team is looking for a Software Engineer to build and maintain its ever-evolving scalable and performance platform. Our team wants the right candidate who enjoys building services from scratch, loves to challenge the status quo, simplify the architecture, who does not hesitate from taking initiatives, and loves to learn new technologies. Does this sound like you? Than read on!
At Expedia, we are revolutionizing travel through the power of technology. Every second of every day, we send travelers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes every day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries. Our teams are use to working in a fast-paced environment to keep up with the evolving travel landscape. The opportunities to inspire travel for global customers are endless.
Our team helps customers by offering a range of products designed specifically to provide peace of mind and confidence when booking with Expedia. Come join our team to help us continue providing this service to our customers.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, debug, and modify web services for Insurance micro-services.
- Write clean code utilizing object-oriented design principles, data structures, and algorithms.
- Create and maintain Spring-based Java services and components that interact within and outside of Expedia’s technical stack.
- Write automated unit, integration, and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- Practice resilience engineering for every front-end and back-end component you build and evangelize resilience within the team.
- Support and maintain the Insurance services and micro-services stack.
- Collaborate with the Product team, architects, and peer engineers.
- Help design and build reusable frameworks and libraries to simplify development
- Participate in peer code reviews and advocate for the best coding practices and principles
Who you are:
- You are a voracious learner, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns, and system architecture
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of full-stack software development experience across multiple technologies, languages, frameworks and ML related technologies
- Ability to independently drive features from inception through to completion and production deployment
- Experience working with Rest APIs and familiarity with the development of services using Spring Boot on Cloud (e.g. AWS)
- Experience working around Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Docker, Gradle
- Experience using code versioning tools for e.g. Git
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Flexible in learning and understanding both front-end as well as back-end services
- Ability to work in a diverse organization with global decentralized teams, working across multiple locations
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.