Software Development Engineer II Global Product, Client Platform
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The Client Platform team builds and maintains a scalable, robust platform that empowers and accelerates application development across Remitly. We own a shared React and React Native codebase that’s shipped on both web and native, along with the native Android and iOS architectures that host it. We implement the native-specific features necessary to deliver great product experiences. This platform multiplies the efficiency of our other frontend product teams, enabling features written once to run in all three environments. We’re also responsible for the build, test, and release pipeline of our native applications.
As an engineer on the team, you’ll add to the overall architecture of our client applications within our React/React Native codebase. You'll step down to native Android and iOS as necessary to help deliver great experiences. You’ll work in a dynamic environment and handle uncertainty or ambiguity. You should enjoy learning and working with different technologies crossing multiple layers of the software stack and application platforms. You'll also collaborate closely with other developers, project managers, and designers to build new customer experiences on top of the client platform.
- You'll own and invest in Remitly’s core native and web application architecture, acting as a central point of contact for other developers working on product features.
- You'll expand our multi-platform React/React Native + TypeScript codebase with new shared components and patterns, raising the bar for frontend best practices.
- You'll write native code to integrate Android/Apple Pay, contact import, credit card scanning, or other friction-reducing, platform-specific features into our applications.
- You'll build tools and infrastructure allowing teams to independently deliver client features.
- You'll enable and support CI builds and automation for all our application environments.
- You'll help manage Android and iOS app releases and respond to production issues.
- You'll make working in our client platform faster, simpler, and safer for other teams at Remitly.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Experience building and shipping client applications, notably Android, iOS, or React.
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with developers, designers, and product managers.
- Ability to mentor and influence other engineers.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
Who we are
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.