Software Development Engineer II - Identity at OfferUp
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
OfferUp is looking for an experienced developer to lead efforts for the Identity team. The team is responsible for building services that manage authentication, authorization, profile, ratings and reputation of all customers in our marketplace. These services are critical for securing requests on our platform, handling user logins, customer sign-ups & registrations and serving profile information for millions of buyers and sellers. They are also important for supporting our user growth across markets and delivering a trustworthy experience for OfferUp’s users.
In many organizations, your role begins and ends with the code. On our team, we’re different. You own a feature from concept to fruition. Your responsibilities will include everything from writing well-architected and thoroughly tested code to rolling out the feature by analyzing metrics. You also get to take ownership beyond your technical area by working with cross-functional team members.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Develop features & services for identity and access management across our platform and services
- Develop highly scalable services and pipelines to store and process customer profile information
- Enrich our capabilities to collect signals and generate user ratings and reputation scores for buyers/sellers
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (Catalog, Billing, Integrity, Data Science) to design and implement new features
- Participate in a reasonable on-call rotations with the rest of the team
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience developing web services
- Strong coding skills in Java, Python, Scala, Golang or any other modern programming language
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, Information Science, or a related discipline
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience designing and delivering highly available, large scale distributed systems
- Experience with security methods and communication transports (OAuth/OIDC, SSL/TLS, etc)
- Experience building online user profile, reviews and rating services or algorithms
- Experience writing code in Java or Python
- Experience in building RESTful microservices and resource oriented architectures
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure (DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Redis, etc)
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.