Software Development Engineer II, NA Product at Remitly
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
The North America (NA) Product team owns multi-platform customer-facing product for Remitly's North America business. We develop front-end through full stack product features to engage and retain customers and stay connected to how customers use them through A/B tests. As an engineer on the team, you will report to the Engineering Manager of the NA Product team.
- Participate in each step from idea-to-launch of new features with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint.
- Build and invest in Remitly's customer-facing client side/Web applications for North America (NA) by delivering product features and driving engineering excellence.
- Work with product managers, designers, and data analysts to engage and retain our customers with new experiences on a multi-platform React Native + TypeScript product.
- Advocate for our customers and quality of our product.
- A BS (MS preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer
- Client Side/Front-end and Full Stack development experience
- Experience developing high-quality production-ready software/services
- An understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms.
- Experience with distributed systems or micro-services architecture in production a plus.
- Worked in a team with other engineers, UX designers and product managers.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer