At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a software engineer to help us build the next generation of our identity verification and fraud prevention systems. You’ll work with product managers, designers and analysts to prevent unwanted activity on our platform and eliminate painful customer experiences. You'll build foundational systems that will allow Remitly scale for years ahead.
- Work in the Risk product team along with product managers, ML engineers and risk analysts.
- Deliver direct impact to Remitly's customers and business
- Develop APIs and systems that power Risk decisioning workflows
- Participate in Remitly app development to create best verification experiences for our customers
- 3+ years of experience shipping high-quality products
- Think about systems and services and write high-quality code. We work mostly in Kotlin and Go on the backend, while our frontend is written using TypeScript and React. However, languages and frameworks can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a language or framework.
- Take pride in working on projects to completion involving different technologies and systems.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer