Software Development Engineer II, Salesforce at Expedia Group
Software Development Engineer II, Salesforce
Expedia Group revolutionizes travel through the power of technology. Across the globe, our family of brands makes travel easier for millions of people who want to step out of their homes and into the world.
The Expedia Salesforce team is looking for a well-rounded Software Development Engineer to join our team. This is a “wear-many-hats” hands-on programming role responsible for bug fixes on current functionality as well as the opportunity to develop new solutions in and around Salesforce. Are you a self-starter, able to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time?
Do you enjoy owning the work you're doing end-to-end, prioritizing quickly and effectively, and you thrive in a dynamic environment? Are you able to perform under pressure, and meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints? Do you have a flexible attitude with an eagerness to learn and grow from the team around you? If you are a Software Development Engineer II with 5+ years of experience with Salesforce or another CRM tool - consider a career with Expedia Group.
What you'll do:
- You will support a diverse partner group in all phases of Salesforce development: planning/grooming, delivery, support
- Designing, developing, debugging, you will be modifying components of existing SFDC applications and supporting technologies
- You translate business requirements into logical, component-based technical designs; You troubleshoot and drive resolution of bugs/issues
- Partaking in daily stand-ups to provide updates, you will maintain visibility within the group and across business partners
- You will take part in architecture and design discussions to promote consistency to development methodologies
- Providing guidance to more junior team members, you will also be championing scalable solutions
- You will join in peer code reviews to drive quality across the platform, and you will supply technical insight to daily support issues
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years previous development experience with Salesforce.com or another CRM tool and the capability of dealing with Salesforce Governor Limits
- You have experience in LWC, Aura, Visualforce, APEX, SOQL, SOSL
- You have proficiency in technical analysis and object-oriented programming
- You have detailed knowledge of Salesforce.com architecture
- You have capacity to communicate with all levels within the organization
- You have flexibility to work within a team as well as your working autonomously
- You have ability to work well under pressure and maintain deadlines
- Java, .NET, Python, and AWS skills are a plus
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.