Software Development Engineer II - Tableau Integration
We’re adding an experienced developer to our team that will drive the design and implementation of a robust integration between Tableau and our suite of enterprise SaaS products. Over time, this position can grow by adding related projects (how about PowerBI?) or you can hand this off, change gears and choose from a wide variety of other software engineering experiences we have in our portfolio.
You: You like shipping capabilities that matters to legit enterprise customers. You want your work to have an impact – to Apptio and to its customers. You like having responsibility and you trust your chops, but you crave collaboration with other top engineers and product management and wouldn’t want to do battle without them. You like business analytics and know the related technology deeply. This is a specialty, of a sort, but you’re really a flexible, full-stack jack-of-all-trades.
Us: We have our eyes on being the next billion-dollar software company and we’re well on our way. Business intelligence, visualization, data discovery and analytics are critical to our value proposition and now it’s time to kick that up a notch. A top-shelf integration with leading specialized solutions that our largest customers standardize on, like Tableau, is part of this plan.
What we want you to do:
- Work with product management and directly with customers to understand requirements and opportunities for an Apptio-Tableau integration
- Establish possible technical strategies in discussion with Tableau and by networking with comparable software companies; recommend an approach and work with our seniormost engineers to select it
- Design, build and release robust, secure, multi-tenant solution that can handle high data volume
- Deliver a generally available “v1” within your first six months on the job
- Design for quality and automate testing; minimize manual operational tasks; minimize operational costs
- Generally, become a sought-after senior developer for topics within and outside of your specialty and assignment; help Apptio get to the next level, not just your project
- 4+ years of production object-oriented development with Java or similar
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience delivering a productized integration between a business application and Tableau or comparable general-purpose business intelligence product
- Specific experience delivering commercial integrations with Tableau; fluent in the pros and cons of the different possible approaches
- Mastery of software engineering concepts, including patterns for web applications and system integration
- Has delivered software at scale (data, customers, usage)
- Has supported commercial software capabilities both in the underlying platform and with respect to customer-facing issues
- Has supported and mentored less senior developers
- Understands and utilizes common principles and methods for software support and maintenance
- Proactive, self-managing, unafraid; happy working across ambiguous responsibility lines
- Curious, invests in self-learning
- Systematic, critical thinker able to recognize patterns, spot anomalies, and draw robust conclusions
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.