Software Development Engineer II, Treasury Systems
Remitly helps our customers send ~$6B annualized globally, and all of that money flows through our Treasury program. Every day, the Treasury team makes funding decisions and transfers large volumes of currency internationally. We make sure funds get where they need to be when they need to be there. With that kind of volume, Treasury is an area of major potential, with opportunities to net significant wins for Remitly and our customers. You might even say that there's a lot of money in Treasury.
To make the most of those opportunities, we're building a new engineering team to scale and optimize our funding process. In doing so, we are helping to grow our operations, and put money back into our customers' wallets. As an early member of the Treasury Systems team, this is a chance to lead the technical direction of a critical part of the company's core business.
What will your experience on the team be like?
- Our team is building new systems to predict customer demand and optimize the funding process that drives Remitly's business
- We run on modern technology stacks, relying on AWS offerings, automated testing, monitoring, and mature deployment infrastructure
- We insist on high-quality software as a starting point and believe that work-life balance is required to make this happen
What kinds of things will you work on?
- You will learn about modern treasury processes as we build a world class international finance platform
- Make our process more reliable by building new distributed software architecture at the heart of Remitly
- Design and develop products to make life easier for our Treasury operations crew, to lighten their load and prevent errors
- Build a scalable, maintainable, and reliable platform from the ground up to integrate with banking and trading APIs across the world
- Optimize Remitly's funding strategy by forecasting customer demand with predictive analytics
- Contribute to better engineering quality and processes as part of a rapidly growing company
What do we need from you?
- You've got 3+ years of experience shipping software, and all the successes and hard-earned lessons that came with it.
- You understand software development practices, system design, and software design patterns.
- Similarly, an understanding of database fundamentals is necessary. You bring fundamentals and experience in at least one database (SQL or NoSQL), and we will teach you what we use (Aurora, Redshift, Kinesis, Dynamo).
- Treasury Systems is embedded within a diverse organization of technical and non-technical people. We work together and communicate closely so we can build the best product together. We would like to see lots of experience collaborating closely with others, and a strong desire to continue doing so.
- Our team is very new, and all our greatest opportunities are ahead of us. You’ll do well here if you are creative and love to take ownership of your product, beyond bespoke software development.
We also consider any of these to be nice-to-haves:
- Experience with AWS or related cloud technologies
- Experience with distributed systems or microservice architecture in production
- Experience contributing to technical designs and processes across a team
- An understanding of inventory/merchandising management, and/or the remittance industry and domain
If any of those sound like what you'd like to learn next, then we'd love to hear from you.
Who are we?
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.