Software Development Engineer II at Expedia Group
Are you passionate about data and the technology needed to drive a multi-billion dollar business? Do you love building creative, high-scale data products using a diverse set of state of the art technologies?
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer with a real passion for data. We are responsible for building accelerators, products and processes that power the data pipelines at Expedia, enable self-service capabilities and accelerate solution delivery.
In this role, you will build & mature Expedias' on-premise and cloud-based data platform. You will collaborate and partner with us to solve big challenges in the data ecosystem: data replication, providing cloud agnostic data services, intelligent monitoring/alerting of location agnostic data platforms, federated processing etc.
What you'll do:
- You will be an integral member in the design, analysis, development and deployment efforts for multiple enterprise application projects to solve complex business problems
- You will support and follow Expedia Software Development Lifecycle
- You will collaborate with Developers, Program Managers, Testers and Production Support Engineers in an agile development environment
- You will improve the enterprise systems by integrating existing solutions and building new technology
Who you are:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in information science, computer science or equivalent work experience
- Hands-on experience using big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Teradata, etc.
- You have worked in the Cloud computing arena and have professional exposure to the Amazon Web Services offerings.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-AN1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.