Software Development Engineer II at Expedia Group
Have you ever searched for a flight online and wondered about the results? Are you looking to showcase your creativity and solve technical challenges which have a direct positive impact on customers? Do you want to build the next great travel experience? If you answered yes, let's meet and discuss your opportunity to work for one of the largest Online Travel Ecommerce web sites in the world. We are Expedia's Air Experience UI team, developing an accessible Mobile First flights search experience used by millions of users daily. We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer with real passion for delivering innovative, industry-first solutions to join our agile team.
You will be collaborating with other Expedians across the world and across disciplines. Here you will get a chance to utilize your critical thinking and technical skills to help us execute on our core next generation platform features, and truly level-up the user experience of discovering terrific flights and new destinations. Bring your creativity and dream to be the best, and join us as we solidify our position as the leaders in online travel.Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and ship features that create an awesome customer experience on Expedia's global web sites, with a special focus on shopping for flights.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to junior members of the team. Identify problems and help to remove roadblocks.
- Prototype ideas, execute and learn from them, and enrich the overall team experience through sharing and working towards a technical vision.
- Evangelize continuous improvement, be an agile proponent and scrum practitioner. Help drive accountability and team commitments.
- Partner with other global teams in Engineering, UX, Product, and Customer Success to develop accessible, multi-device features.
- Clearly communicate software architecture and design decisions. Advocate for teamwork and open exchange of opinions and ideas.
- Understand specifications, give and receive feedback, provide estimates, and translate into implementation.
- 3-5 years experience designing and developing web applications in a professional software development role.
- Strong experience using MV* frameworks such as React/Redux/MobX, Angular, or Backbone.
- Experience working with a web server and server framework such as Spring or NodeJS/Express.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, TravisCI, or TeamCity.
- Understanding of web accessibility concepts and standards.
- Self-starter and quick learner possessing exceptional attitude, aptitude, and ability to adapt to changes.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience designing maintainable, testable, scalable and performant systems that can be used across devices.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.