Software Development Engineer II
Are you passionate about the technology needed to drive a multi-billion dollar business? Do you love working on creative, highly-scalable Micro-services and Web Applications? Does working for a global and dynamic engineering organization energize you?
As a Software Engineer within the Brand Expedia Car rental team, you will partner with a dynamic group of product managers and engineers to deliver a sophisticated, next-generation customer service platform at enterprise scale. You will provide insight and hand’s on engineering as we build an innovative suite of products and services, integrating seamlessly within our broad ecosystem.
With the goal of helping people go places, the Expedia Cars Team is dedicated to building the best car rental experience which enables millions of our customers to get the best value car.
On this team you will work on multiple initiatives, participate and develop projects from conception to release. You have strong analytical and solving problems skills, fluency in coding and systems design. You possess tried interpersonal skills and a dream to pursue the complex problems of scale. If you are someone who has a passion for solving hard problems and coming up with creative solutions, we want to connect with you. Bring your creativity, break-it mentality, strong communication skills, and desire to be the best, and join us as we solidify our position as the leaders in on-line travel.
What you will do:
- You will translate functional specifications into logical, component-based technical designs.
- You will clearly describe technical requirements and implementation details based on an understanding of business requirements.
- Provide code reviews to assess over call code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object-oriented programming techniques.
- You will drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery in our software development process within an agile development team.
- You will write automated unit, system and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- Work closely with other hardworking developers both local and in various remote Expedia offices around the world to ensure code quality, appropriate testing and design to ensure product quality.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of full stack software development experience in Java and in front end templating and scripting languages.
- Proficient with algorithms and data structures, design patterns, service-oriented architecture, domain driven design, multi-threading, concurrency, caching and distributed systems.
- Experience in agile/scrum teams.
- Deep understanding of the SDLC, architecture and design and test strategies.
- Experience with AWS cloud is a plus.
- Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.