Software Development Engineer II at RealSelf
About the Role:
We're seeking mid-level Software Developers to help us build stronger connections between our customers and doctors through our platform. Millions of visitors use RealSelf each month to find procedures and connect with highly qualified doctors. Our Software Developers are the organization's backbone, providing real-time value to users by consistently and rapidly shipping high-quality code and features to our site and app. This person will collaborate daily with a geographically spread team of Software Developers and other product-focused contributors.
Our development teams have an opportunity for high impact and thrive in a modern stack with a strong emphasis on SOA execution leveraging modern technologies and SDLC. We invest in our people's professional development and create real career pathways for growth. Some examples of areas we actively collaborate include:
- Personalized user search experience building on Elasticsearch and Kinesis leveraging the power of data science.
- Facilitating virtual engagement between customers and doctors when physical consultation is not an option.
- Trusted e-commerce experiences connecting our customers, partners, and providers.
You may be the right fit if you:
- Have a strong desire to use your technical and professional skills to solve customer problems.
- Create innovative solutions without over-engineering.
- Are interested in pair programming
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in web technologies and frameworks (AngularJS, Spring, React, Yii or Ruby on Rails)
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience working with relational databases and ORMs (MySQL, SQLServer, PostgreSQL, JDBC or ActiveRecord)
- Have experience working on a web application or other complex multi-server, multi-service system.
- Have experience with Docker, AWS technologies, MySQL, or ElasticSearch, which would help you hit the ground running. RealSelf uses other languages and technologies; however, we are always looking for the best tool to help us deliver value quickly.
- Have a sense of responsibility for sharing in the monitoring and maintenance of a production environment.
- Enjoy working closely with a team while taking ownership of your role and responsibilities.
- Get excited by learning new data, technologies, or hypotheses and applying them to give your customers a better experience.
- Communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcomes for your team and our users, with minimal guidance from supervisors.
- You take time to listen to others and understand their meaning before replying.
Travel is not anticipated for this role.
Due to COVID-19, our entire company is currently remote. This role is open to fully remote candidates in most states.
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make the experience of choosing a procedure and connecting with the right doctor easy, personal, and trusted. Since 2006 our authentic reviews, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped tens of millions of people explore their options, from skincare to laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors, we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf values and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.