Are you passionate about being part of an engineering team that delivers new premier experience of Virtual Agent chat-bot technologies to travelers and travel agents worldwide?
Expedia’s Conversation Platform Technology team is powering the customer support infrastructure and user interfaces of various travel brands in Expedia group. In this role, you will collaborate to craft effortless customer experiences worldwide in Expedia web and mobile front-end interfaces. We support over 100 million customer interactions a year with a global brand portfolio. The work starts with delivering a world-class support experience driven by artificial intelligence to deliver outstanding customer support. This is a game-changing differentiator to drive increase in all of Expedia's customer satisfaction.
With your strong full-stack development skills and passion for building web-based UI's on a modern web stack, this team is the place for you. Add a healthy passion for wrestling with sophisticated software systems and a desire to build automation tools, and you'll be set apart from the crowd.
If teamwork, ownership, recognition, simplification, and test-and-learn speaks to you - and the thought of joining a growing team excites you - we want to talk to you!
Who you are
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- 3+ years full-stack software development experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks
- Familiarity with AI/ML techniques and applications.
- Experience in cloud environments like AWS or Azure
- Good communication and the ability to explain technical details and challenges
What you'll do
- Work alongside a diverse team of engineers, collaborate closely across Expedia's brand engineering teams.
- Collaborate across our Product Management, Architecture and Engineering teams and with other partners to provide technical direction and architectural input into product development road-maps.
- Partner with Systems Engineering and Operations teams to develop platform-ready features and ensure effective delivery of platform availability, quality and performance.
- Implement proof of concepts and pilots to accelerate the on-boarding of new technologies and solutions to tackle business problems.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.