Software Development Engineer II
Pride in being an excellent problem solver, have the ability to explain complicated things simply, have a deep passion for learning & exploring, and are enthusiastic about helping others. You measure success in swiftness, accuracy and rock solid code.
The Apptio Automation and Tools team is at the heart of building scaled tools utilized in daily quality management within the broader team. We are looking for a Tools and Infrastructure developer who is technically strong, passionate about product quality and able to lead design and implementation of complex solutions, in a timely fashion.
What we want you to do
In this role you will work closely with product engineers as well as our teams that manage our underlying test infrastructure. You will interact closely with all of engineering to identify new ways to validate the product, design and build specific tools to aid in proactive detection, monitoring and troubleshooting/debugging issues with developers and operations
• Strong concepts of Object oriented design, data structures and test fundamentals.
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Professional software development experience using Java, C#, C++ or other object-oriented language.
• Experience designing, implementing and operating Software as a service.
• Excellent design, coding, testing, problem solving, and debugging skills.
• Motivation to learn and constantly improve processes and tools
• People skills to operate in a fast-paced demanding service oriented team.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and mentoring skills.
• Familiarity with any of Docker, Parallels, Splunk, and AWS.
• Familiarity with Python, YAML, shell scripting
• Experience working with Selenium or equivalent.
• Experience with designing solution schedule and roadmap.
Apptio is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.