Software Development Engineer II
You are a software engineer who is passionate about making things better, and you believe that the work of building an efficient and scalable system is a key part of delivering high quality software. You thrive in an agile, fast-paced environment you want to be a part of a highly collaborative team.
We are a high-performing cross-functional team of developers that are focused on delivering a solid, scalable application platform on cloud technologies that allow for rapid development of complex business applications. We are passionate about using code to deliver elegant solutions to complex problems.
What we want you to do:
You will work with a group of talented developers to help improve the way we deliver our product to our customers.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, asynchronous architectures, and object oriented programming
• Demonstrated experience with best SDLC practices: coding standards, reviews, code management, build processes, and testing
• Professional experience building REST APIs
• Experience with relational databases, schema design, SQL
• B.S. in Computer Science or 5+ years of equivalent experience
• Experience with backend web based Java development and Linux-based integrated development environments, or equivalent (e.g. NodeJS w/ Express or ASP.NET MVC)
• Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud..
• Experience developing Software as a Service (SaaS) applications and understanding the impact of this architecture in a deployment environment
• Database implementations (query optimization, index generation, caching) and experience with MySQL, Postgres or SQLServer, a plus
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, Apptio stock and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k, employee stock purchase plan and other voluntary programs.
Apptio (NASDAQ: APTI) is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.