Software Development Engineer III, Destination Experience at Remitly
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As a Software Engineer at Remitly, you are a builder, responsible for taking on complex technical and customer problems and creating great products backed by great systems. You will report to DEX's Technical Lead.
The Destination Experience (DEX) team manages the core of Remitly’s product; a platform transferring funds in a reliable manner ensuring our customers always have a great experience – from the time they send, to the time their remittance is received. The DEX team is a fundamental driver of Remitly's ability to reach international customers and provide a diverse set of disbursement methods such as bank deposit, cash pickup, mobile wallets, and home delivery. The mission of this team is to create reliable, defensible, global disbursement networks and delight our customers with personal destination experiences to support international remittance expansion. The DEX team directly impacts the Remitly experience.
What we do:
- We build the disbursement network, responsible for sending billions of dollars a year around the world
- We run on modern technology stacks, relying on AWS offerings, automated testing, monitoring, and deployment infrastructure
- We aim for quality software as a starting point and believe that work-life balance is required to make this happen
Examples of current interesting problems include:
- Build APIs, services, mobile, and web applications for our next-generation customer experience
- Design a system to provide cost-effective customer support across a variety of modern communication channels
- Build a scalable platform for integrating with diverse bank APIs around the globe to collect and manage funds
- Integrate online machine learning and predictive analytics models with our transactional systems to predict customer demand and prevent fraud
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to company expansion by laying the foundations for a platform that enables payments across the globe
- Make customers transfers fast and reliable by evolving the distributed software architecture that is at the heart of Remitly
- Build an intelligent rules engine to ensure transfers are routed every time over the best available banking partner
- Develop internal tooling and automation
Who you are:
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 6+ years of experience as a software developer.
- DevOps experience including development, testing, build and deployment, operation, and support of software services in Production.
- Experience with building, shipping, and maintaining web services and systems on AWS.
- Experience defining technical designs and processes across a team.
- Experience with distributed systems or micro-services architecture in production a plus.
- An understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms.
- An understanding of database fundamentals and expertise in working with one or more databases. Preferable experience in SQL, NoSQL, and related technologies.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Health, dental and vision insurance benefits.
- Company contributes to your HSA plan if you choose one.
- 401k plan with company matching.
- Free snacks, hot and cold beverages.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer