Software Development Engineer III (Mobile) at Subsplash
Based in Seattle, Subsplash is an exciting award-winning team of 170+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence. Founded in 2005, we’ve pioneered the market with the first-ever church mobile app. Since then, we’ve been working together to build The Ultimate Engagement Platform™ for churches, Christian ministries, non-profits, and businesses around the world. We find excitement in serving our 12,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted one of Seattle and Austin’s 100 best workplaces multiple years in a row, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, we love making a lasting impact and a difference in our world.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don’t take our word for it—head to Glassdoor and see for yourself!
About the Team
The Engineering Team is responsible for building and running all the products that Subsplash offers. We are a super-star team of software engineering, QA, and site reliability professionals creating polished experiences for our clients and end-users. The Engineering Team is responsible for the entire user experience including: Mobile Apps (end-user facing), Subsplash Giving, the Subsplash Dashboard CMS (client-facing), Web App, TV App, backend data feeds, analytics, SnapPages (website builder) and more. We serve thousands of clients, millions of end-users, and billions of individual app impressions.
About the Role
As the Software Development Engineer III (Mobile) you will report to the Software Development Manager. In this role, you will be involved in building out new products and features, as well as maintaining existing code bases by completing bug fixes and feature requests. You will be working closely with both designers and engineers and helping to bridge the gap between the two. You will contribute to the creative process by building elegant solutions to complex problems in a number of languages. You will work well with other members of the team, in a fast-paced environment, to implement working software early and often. If youʼre interested in creating high-quality software that delights millions of people around the world—and if you can challenge and inspire others to do the same—we invite you to apply!
- Implement new features and fix bugs by writing scalable and maintainable code
- Collaborate regularly with a small cross functional team of designers, engineers, and product managers to grow the capabilities of the Subsplash Platform
- Participate in the code review process and accept corrective feedback about your own code
- Be a prolific documenter ensuring your code is well documented for others to understand
- Work on the architecture of new features and systems, understanding the problem space, and designing solutions to solve problems for our clients
- Be an Innovative leader by being willing to be creative, propose ideas, and get them off the ground
- Communicate complex technical requirements with clarity, and influence others technical design decisions
- Mentor others in their own skills and help build a strong team
- 6+ years of full-time programming experience in a group/team environment
- Experience and proficiency making technical design decisions both in expanding existing projects and planning/implementing new feature sets
- Significant experience with client-side mobile technologies (Examples: iOS, Android, tvOS, Roku, etc...)
- Experience with hybrid native mobile technologies (Example: React Native, etc...)
- Experience, knowledge, and mindfulness of security best practices with server-side and client-side (e.g. browser-based and mobile technologies) languages (OWASP)
- Embraces Agile principles and Scrum
- Able to navigate ambiguous requirements while prioritizing multiple projects, tasks, and bug fixes
- Contributes to testing and overall engineering best practice adoption across the team
- Ability to mentor others, communicate complex technical requirements with clarity, and the ability to influence others' technical design decisions
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience with at least one of the following languages Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin and ReactNative
- Advocate of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, LEAN, and SOLID
- Knowledge of data security best practices related to PCI/DSS/CISP/HIPAA
Generous Paid Time Off, Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, 401k with Employer Match, Generous HSA contribution, Free Smoothies and Snacks, Public Transportation Subsidy
This position is classified as FTE/Exempt and therefore is not eligible for overtime pay.Note: Employment with Subsplash is contingent upon satisfactory proof of employee’s right to work in the U.S., as required by law and upon completion of a basic background check; Employment with Subsplash is considered “at will,” meaning that either the company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time without cause or notice. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy that decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship will be made without regard to race, color, gender, creed, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline, and termination.