Software Development Engineer, Marketing Platform
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial services on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
Does making an impact on customer’s experience excite you? Would you like to work in a friendly and dynamic team environment? You can help us build experiences customers love while making our marketing team more effective.
On this team, you’ll be focusing on building great experiences for our customers while improving and expanding acquisition and retention. You’ll be working with a passionate team of marketers, UX designers, product managers and engineers dedicated to building great customer experiences and systems to scale our marketing engine. The marketing platform engineering team is instrumental is our marketing success by create solutions that meet the challenges of a global scale company in the marketing management and ad tech space. As part of this unique team, you will make a meaningful impact every day on both our customers and our business.
To succeed in this role, you should enjoy being in a fast-paced startup environment and working hands-on with others across the company. You should understand trade-offs to quickly build platforms and front-end experiences while not sacrificing performance or responsiveness. You should have a desire to continuously improve and be able to grow and build increasingly complex and dynamic software over time.
Examples of current interesting problems
- Our unique content management system enables our marketing teams to design and modify our landing pages without any code change. This low-latency isomorphic React platform was developed in Typescript and NodeJS to create world-class landing pages.
- Building a robust, scalable and real-time system to manage promotions and rewards, based on rules and constraints, and also dynamically configurable.
- Develop solutions to manage and optimize digital ads across multiple channels
- Building frictionless feedback experiences within our apps and website to understand how our customers perceive our product.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a software developer.
- Must have worked on and shipped full stack features or products and have front end experience.
- Have a deep understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms.
- Consistent track record of building, shipping, and maintaining web services and systems on AWS.
- Passion for scalable, distributed systems.
- Enjoy working closely with application developers and product managers.
- Strong ability to mentor and influence other engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Who We Are
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an Everify Employer.