Amazon has created some of the most game changing technologies in the world. Are you passionate about building, owning and operating satellite and space ground processing systems and ready to make another game-changing technology? If the answer is yes, then Amazon Web Services (AWS) has an exciting opportunity for you.
AWS Ground Station is a fully managed global Ground Station as a Service that allows our customers to easily and cost-effectively control satellites, ingest and process satellite data, and innovate with other AWS Services. It provides satellite customers ground station services with no ground station infrastructure commitments, usage-based per-minute pricing, self-service scheduling, and a global network of ground stations in close proximity to AWS Regions so customers can access AWS services, infrastructure and global network within milliseconds of down-linking data from their satellite.
Joining the AWS Ground Station team gives you the opportunity to:
· Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize satellite connectivity in the cloud
· Work for a recognized leader in supporting space customers with cloud computing
· Have direct impact on hundreds, possibly thousands, of users of AWS Ground Station
Software development engineer positions require a depth and breadth of knowledge in design and development, experience with agile methodologies, proficiency in a high-level language, and experience building highly scalable systems involving distributed services and persistent storage. You will own the design of major deliverable and have opportunities to build them from scratch. This is a high visibility and fast-paced environment where you will make a direct impact on the customer experience and the bottom line of the company.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and willing to obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
***Have questions, wish to apply or have a referral? Reach out to Kevin Healy directly: [email protected]***
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or another technical field, or commensurate professional experience
· 2+ years of programming experience using the Rust programming language.
· 2+ years of network programming experience in Rust, C or C#.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
· Experience with satellite communications and/or ground station operations
· Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization