Do you want to help us continue to disrupt the travel industry? Yapta is doing just that by providing transparency in pricing, and finding flight and hotel savings for our corporate customers. Our software leads the industry by mining millions of air and hotel price checks per day, comparing those prices with our customers booked travel itineraries. We use these checks to identify price drops, rebooking customers for hotel, or re-ticketing for air. In 2018 alone we saved our customers over $125,000,000. We are also very data rich, storing millions of price checks daily. This affords us a tremendous amount of opportunity to innovate on our data for future Yapta products and services. It’s an exciting time to be in this industry!
We were recently named to Deloitte’s Fast 500, are highly profitable, and have grown 400% in the past 4 years. We have a great culture with amazing people. Our team is fast paced and focused, but we maintain a healthy work/life balance and have fun. We value humility, integrity, flexibility, accountability, drive, and collaboration.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test, excited by the convergence of technology and travel. As part of an agile development team, you will be ensuring the quality of our data products, including our customer portal dashboards, reports, and TravelAI products – solutions utilized by some of the biggest brands in the world.
How you'll succeed on the team:
As an SDET at Yapta, you have a role to play to evangelize software quality within the organization and recommend quality improvements for Yapta’s data platforms. You will have a responsibility to enable the data teams to contribute to test automation by creating an elegant, easy to extend automation framework. Additionally, you will be working with other quality engineers, product managers, and product developers to ensure that product specifications are well thought out to meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability.
- You’re passionate about data, software quality and automation, and the travel industry.
- You’re customer focused. You care about how changes will impact the customer experience.
- You’re self directed. You can jump into a situation and quickly grasp what needs to be done
- You continually improve by learning from others, and you jump in when a teammate could use your help
- You have an agile mindset, and are comfortable refining vague requirements
- You can sense miscommunications among team members, and do your part to improve understanding
- You thrive in and contribute to a positive work environment, where everyone shares constructive thoughts and suggestions
- 3-5 years of professional software quality engineering experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of professional software development testing experience
- Experience with designing, building and maintaining test frameworks
- Experience with database and migration testing efforts
- Experience in schema validation and Extract, Load, Transform (ETL) testing
- Experience in testing analytics reports
- Experience with, and working knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Nice to have:
- Ability to perform data analysis and data profiling
- Experience with Continuous Integration infrastructure, preferably Kubernetes
- Experience with load testing
- Experience with any programming languages Python, Java
- Experience working in an agile environment such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with SnowFlake and Airflow is a plus
- Experience integrating with Global Distribution Systems (GDS) technologies not required, but a strong plus.
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 5 weeks of PTO and 10 paid holidays (total 7 weeks)
- Optional work-from-home Wednesdays
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchens, with coffee, soda, and snacks
- Regular team activities, including Mariners games, ping pong tournaments, movies, etc.
This position is based in Pioneer Square in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.