Software Development Engineer in Test III at Subsplash
Subsplash—The Ultimate Engagement Platform™ for churches, Christian ministries, non-profits, and businesses around the world, serves 14,000+ clients, creating impactful products, and delighting the 40 million real people who use our platform every day. Subsplash is one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. (Inc. 5,000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020) and has won awards for best mobile experience, been voted one of Seattle and Austin’s best places to work multiple years in a row, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, and built enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; yet, at the end of the day, our passion is to equip churches to make a lasting impact in our world. Our team of 190+ mission-driven people who are committed to our core values of humility, innovation, and excellence has pioneered the market with over 30-firsts for the church market including the first-ever church mobile app.
Working at Subsplash is more than just a job; we are a team of people who are courageous, inventive, and passionate about doing meaningful work every day. Don’t take our word for it—head to Glassdoor and see for yourself!
About the Team
The Product Team is responsible for all the products Subsplash develops and delivers, including the App Platform and Merchant Services offerings. We are a team of designers, developers, and product management professionals, creating polished and compelling experiences for our clients and end users. The Product Team is responsible for the entire user experience including: End-User Mobile Apps, the Subsplash Dashboard (our Content Management System), Subsplash Wallet (our Donation and Merchant Services Platform), the Web App, backend media & data feeds, format conversion services, analytics, and more. The Product Team’s mission is to delight our clients by helping them engage their communities and deliver beautiful, high-impact content, so they can fuel their mission & expand their reach.
About the Role
Top 3 Key Outcomes in Year 1
- Gain familiarity with the Subsplash Ultimate Engagement Platform, gaining comprehensive knowledge on the capabilities and limitations of each functional area, and understand how it all comes together behind the scenes including the Dashboard, APIs, Micro-services, and databases
- Learn and execute the quality assurance practices, automation frameworks\tools, software development life cycle, and agile workflows of the project team with which you are supporting, while helping to identify overall team process improvements and modifications to improve effectiveness and velocity
- Take on the roles of Manual and Automation Tester on your project team; driving issue investigation and bug reproduction\mitigation
- Work with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development life cycle, including agile methodologies
- Write readable, maintainable, high performance automation code and help create team coding standards
- Work with your project team and other SDETs to develop comprehensive automated test suites efficiently, maximizing test coverage
- Continuously review and improve automation testing methodologies, strategies, tools and evaluation
- Drive organizational automation knowledge and mentor those who wish to gain automation knowledge and experience
- 6+ years of testing experience in a group or team environment, with at least half that time as a full time SDET or Software Automation Engineer, and an advanced level knowledge of the following:
- Software automation frameworks such as Selenium or Appium
- Continuous integration environments such as Jenkins, TravisCI, or GitLab
- Version control systems such as Git
- Mobile app development environments such as Xcode, Visual Studio, and Android Studio
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages, Go or Java preferred.
- APIs and Microservices
- Containerization, Docker, and Kubernetes
- AWS, Azure, and other cloud offerings
- Proven ability to architect automation frameworks and pipelines on complex systems
- Experience mentoring and managing QA Engineers who wish to learn automation
- You know, and can deliver, at least one hilarious yet appropriate joke in an entertaining manner
Generous Paid Time Off, Medical Coverage, Dental Coverage, Vision Coverage, short and long term disability and life insurance all free of charge, Competitive Compensation, 401k Matching, Professional Development, Top of the Line Equipment, Referral Program, Parental Leave, Family-Friendly Culture, and the chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Remote Friendly Work
We’ve grown a lot since 2009, when our founders Tim & Kristy Turner fulfilled their dream to start Subsplash. In our continued commitment to creating a meaningful and flexible experience for our employees, we’re excited to have become a remote-friendly company! This means working from home (or anywhere else!) will be the primary experience for many of our team members. Don’t worry; we’ll still have offices (and snacks) in Austin, Seattle, and Wenatchee, WA to support those who do their best work in an office environment.
We’re still continuing to grow, and as of right now we have amazing employees in 16 states in the U.S. For the time being, that’s as far as we can go. As much as we would love to have Subsplash team members in as many places as the clients we serve, we’re focused on sustainable growth in the states where we’re already located. For this reason, if a job posting contains “Remote” as the location, that means the role can be located in any state where we currently have operations. If you’re unsure whether or not we employ in your state, please still apply! We’ll make sure to let you know either way, and we’ll reach out to you if anything changes. Let’s make waves!
Note: Employment with Subsplash is contingent upon satisfactory proof of employee’s right to work in the U.S., as required by law and upon completion of a basic background check and; employment with Subsplash is considered “at will,” meaning that either the company or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time without cause or notice.
Subsplash is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value all human life as all people are created with equal dignity, value, and worth. We do not discriminate on the ground of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin, or genetic information in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation or fringe benefits paid them.