Software Development Engineer - Web
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and help more people discover value right where they are.At a Glance
- 85+ Million Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
OfferUp is looking for an experienced Web Developer to join our fast growing team. You will have the opportunity to help our growing team across a wide variety of features and technologies, and your work will help millions of users find value locally.
- You will help create and deliver new web experiences for OfferUp using web technologies such as AngularJS, React and Django
- Work with product and engineering teams to design and implement new features
- You will help maintain existing applications
- Manage individual sprint priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- 5-10+ years of experience in web development with a minimum of 2 year experiences in mobile web
- Knowledge in web optimization performance, and design patterns e.g. responsive design vs optimized design
- You should have experience developing cross-platform and cross-browser websites.
- Experience working on Single Page Application (SPA), APIs, architectural patterns and graphic editing software
- Experience in distributed version control system e.g. Git
- Excellent communication skill, ability to work independently or work with a cross-functional team
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- SEO experience is a plus
Nice to have
- Experience around any of the following: web package managers, Bower, bundler system, NodeJS, Python, PHP, Selenium, Gulp, webpack
- E-commerce and CMS website experience
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come do work that matters. join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.