Yapta's mission is simple: To give our customers confidence in travel. To that end, we are one of the world’s leading companies for fare transparency and cost savings. We analyze billions of rates every month, and turn all that data into meaningful notifications and reports. We provide automated services for corporate travelers to save money, by tracking prices on airline tickets and hotels, and sending alerts when prices drop.
We were recently named to Deloitte’s Fast 500, are highly profitable, and have grown 400% in the past 4 years. Our team is fast paced and focused, but we maintain a healthy work/life balance and have fun. We value integrity, flexibility, accountability, drive, and collaboration.
Are you excited about the convergence of technology and travel? Do you want to be a part of a cohesive agile team? Do you love to write and debug code? You can help us build the FareIQ and RoomIQ price tracking optimization platforms – solutions used by some of the biggest brands in the world.
How you’ll succeed on the team:
- You're passionate about clean code and simple solutions
- You continually improve by learning from others, and you jump in when a teammate could use your help
- You care about your customers, and understand how your code contributes to the goals of the business
- You have an agile mindset, and are comfortable refining vague requirements
- You can sense miscommunications among team members, and do your part to improve understanding
- You thrive in and contribute to a positive work environment, where everyone shares constructive thoughts and suggestions
- Minimum of 3 years of professional software development experience
- Experience with modern server-side languages (such as Python, Java, or similar)
- Strong fundamentals, including OO design, data structures, algorithms, and concurrency
- Frameworks like Django or Spring MVC
- SQL databases
- Microservices and/or service oriented architectures
- Cloud infrastructure and technology (AWS RDS, DynamoDB, ansible, etc.)
- Scalable, performant, and reliable distributed systems
- Travel industry and/or Global Distribution Systems (GDS) technologies
- Working in an agile environment such as Scrum
What we offer:
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Optional work-from-home Wednesdays
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 5 weeks of PTO and 10 paid holidays (total 7 weeks)
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchens, with coffee, soda, and snacks
- Regular team activities, including Mariners games, ping pong tournaments, movies, etc.
This position is based in Pioneer Square in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.