Software Development Engineer at Avalara
- Understand the business requirements.
- Understand the system design.
- Work with other teams where integration is required.
- Identify areas where improvements are needed and make recommendations.
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- 3 years of software engineering experience
- Experience with api/microservices development
- Experience with both Sql and NoSql database solutions
- Solid architectural chops
- Cloud operations, deployment, and orchestration (AWS, GCP, Azure, Terraform)
- Experience with server-side technologies such as .Net framework/core, Node.js
- Experience developing web UI’s with frameworks like jQuery, Kendo UI, React
- Experience integrating with financial institutions
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
A privately held company, Avalara’ s venture capital investors include Sageview Capital, Battery Ventures, Warburg Pincus, Technology Crossover Ventures, Arthur Ventures, and other institutional and individual investors. Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India.