STEM skills are increasingly important to our future workforce, yet more than 60% of students in kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math within their own grade-level. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and reaching their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology that inspires students and empowers teachers.
At DreamBox, we’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. We believe all children can excel at learning, no matter where they start, where they live, or who they are. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning™ platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 3 million kids and over 130,000 teachers improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. And as a rapidly growing tech company, we are just getting started. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
As a Full Stack Software Development Manager, you will play a crucial leadership role in our development organization, manage a team of front-end and back-end engineers, work with different stakeholders, leverage the best technologies to empower both end users and internal customers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide direct management to the development team
- Perform all staffing functions, direct and indirect, including hiring, mentoring, training, performance appraisals, and retention
- Work with product management to design and execute strategic technical planning for the team from concept to prototype through to release
- Resolve tactical issues pertaining to project management and product development processes to ensure that the established development requirements have been met
- Research and recommend usage of current software development technologies and methodologies, bringing best practices to the development team
- Develop procedures that assure consistent and replicable development methods
- Actively cultivate a learning, high performance environment to grow the development capabilities of the team
- Manage outsourced projects as needed
- Communicate cross functionally with project stakeholders to ensure alignment
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple services
- Work efficiently in a collaborative team environment, interacting with technical and nontechnical staff
- Seek to continually improve the software, practices, culture, and results of the team
- Establish, reinforce and evolve software development processes to improve the productivity of the teams, and efficiency of software development practices across the teams
- Operate at all levels (leadership, management, and individual contribution), inspiring confidence and enthusiasm; happily jumping in and rolling up their sleeves when needed
- Partner with leaders across various departments to drive improvements and efficiency in our SDLC process
- Embrace DevOps and agile approaches
- Dive deep into any and all areas of the product
- Be an active member of an architecture group focused on the big picture of how our software is built, deployed, and operated
- 7+ years in software engineering
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering management and leadership roles
- Strong understanding of service oriented architectures, cloud computing, distributed systems, REST, API infrastructures
- Experience with cloud computing on AWS
- Working experience with Java and other OO languages
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Experience building and developing engineering teams and staff
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
At DreamBox, we are hooked on celebrating diversity & providing an inclusive workplace and it shows throughout our product, brand, and teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Thanks for considering DreamBox Learning!
Read Full Job Description