Software Development Manager Global Product, Client Platform
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The Client Platform team builds and maintains a scalable, robust platform that empowers and accelerates application development across Remitly. We own a shared React and React Native codebase that’s shipped on both web and native, along with the native Android and iOS architectures that host it. We implement the native-specific features necessary to deliver great product experiences. This platform multiplies the efficiency of our other frontend product teams, enabling features written once to run in all three environments. We’re also responsible for the build, test, and release pipeline of our native applications.
As a Software Development Manager, you’ll hire and develop the engineers on the team with a focus on mentorship and career growth, set and drive a technical roadmap, and define and improve the engineering processes used by the team. You’ll ensure we make sound technical decisions and suitable trade-offs between delivering projects and long-term investments. You should enjoy learning and working with different technologies spanning application environments. You’ll partner closely with product managers, designers, and senior management dedicated to driving our business and customer experience forward. You'll also collaborate with engineering leaders across Remitly to ensure our roadmap anticipates future needs.
- You’ll set and drive the team's technical direction, making appropriate trade-offs between shipping code and technical investments.
- You’ll build frameworks and processes enabling the team to operate autonomously and deliver new projects rapidly, with a focus on quality and customer value.
- You’ll anticipate technical challenges within the team and Remitly and will drive architectural changes to address them.
- You’ll drive design discussions and work hands on with the code, diving in where and as necessary to help deliver new features or debug live issues.
- You'll help define Remitly’s core native and web application architecture, acting as a central point of contact for other developers working on product features.
- You’ll lead the team to build tools and infrastructure allowing teams to independently deliver client features.
- You’ll engage team members and other engineering leaders in design reviews to promote collaboration and shared patterns across the organization.
- You’ll partner with product and engineering management, influencing the product roadmap by presenting technical options and trade-offs.
- You’ll foster a positive, challenging, and rewarding environment.
- You’ll help define and meet the hiring plan for the team, sourcing and interviewing diverse candidates.
- You’ll manage and mentor engineers, helping them grow and advance their careers.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer.
- 2+ years of experience leading teams.
- Experience defining and driving technical designs and processes across a team.
- Experience building and shipping client applications, notably Android, iOS, or React.
- A proven track record of shipping features and products to customers.
- Strong ability to develop, mentor, and influence other engineers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Who we are
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.