Software Development Manager - iQ Directory
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
iQ Directory is what drives the Qualtrics XM™ Platform. It provides a live, organized chronicle that captures the emotions, sentiments, beliefs, and preferences of an audience. iQ Directory contains all experience data, collected over time, creating a system of record of all interactions and opinions each person has of an organization. iQ Directory enables a company to take a person-centric view, helping companies gain a better understanding of an individual person's unique journey with the company. Each new interaction builds upon past information, so this rich collection of experience data makes new interactions smarter over time, allowing a brand to customize future touch points for each group based on past preferences — improving the experience.
iQ Directory engineering team (a.k.a Rolodex) builds highly performant scalable solutions varying from data storage systems to computation and serving solutions. We utilize a plethora of open source and industry accepted technologies for our big data problems such as ElasticSearch, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Kinesis, Apache Kafka, Apache TinkerPop (Neptune), etc. Our human interface is built using the latest Angular framework with TypeScript language.
As a leader in our team, you will guide one or more teams of engineers in building simple solutions to solve hard problems. You will drive product or platform development from roadmap planning through engineering execution to production operations. While managing employees you will also get your hands dirty by executing actual engineering tasks.
In addition, you will:
- Own engineering roadmap for the product and work with stakeholders to build quarterly plans
- Actively manage team or teams of employees, gathering and providing candid feedback, mentoring and coaching individuals and delegating appropriately
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on timely schedules
- Drive planning meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
Expectations for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of management experience
- Experience in hiring and managing teams of engineers
- Proven track record of successful project planning and execution
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documents, architecture reviews)
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.