Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 12,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
Product XM Team is at an exciting time. We are creating a brand new category. Our mission is to help other companies, big or small, to make great products that their customers will love. Some of the products we are building are first of its kind in the market.
We are looking for an engineering manager with an entrepreneurial mindset. You will work closely with a talented team of full stack engineers to build V1/V2 products. You drive innovation together with our Product Managers, XM Scientists and our sister teams. Some of our key technical challenges include data collection, data transformation, data visualization, data modeling, schematization, analyzing large datasets at scale, performance optimization. You will be part of a fast growing product line and will have lots of opportunities for personal growth.
We are seeking someone who is comfortable with high degrees of ambiguity, who is proficient at designing scalable systems, mentoring junior engineers, and acting as a technical leader to set the direction and vision for the Qualtrics platform.
Expectations for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (Master’s degree is preferred)
- 8+ years of experience shipping web based application features and code (preferably for a SaaS company)
- 2+ years experience directly leading one or more engineering teams
- Able to design and implement well-crafted, scalable, and maintainable code
- Full stack experience from the past is a plus.
- Team lead experience in an agile environment
- Ability to make reasonable trade-offs based on time and resource constraints in the interest of the business and customers
A Day in the Life
- You will be a team lead for software engineers responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, and operations of features. This includes part-time hands-on engineering responsibilities
- Mentor and coach engineers with various experience levels, to help them become more effective software engineers
- Work with colleagues in Product Management, Engineering Services, Customer Success and other engineering teams to collect requirements, describe features, build technical designs, and drive product strategy
- Partner with the rest of the Qualtrics development teams to minimize test case duplication or overlap while maximizing feature and code coverage
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional software engineering standard methodologies for the entire SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, and testing
- Drive operational perfection by investigating production issues, driving root cause analysis and follow-up actions for mitigation
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.