Software Development Manager - Research Platform
At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
XM Solutions are expert-built tools for accelerating customer experience, employee experience, and market research. PhD-configured solutions combine best practices, easy distribution, and standardized reporting and dashboards. Instead of endless tinkering, our customers get fast configurations, easy survey deployment, automated data analysis, and easy-to-read dashboards — all tailored to their business needs. XM Solutions accelerate the experiences that are crucial to our customers’ businesses.
The teams in this group build frameworks which allow us to truly leverage the XM platform in use-based scenarios that deliver fast, guided and pre-configured value to our customers. We utilize a diverse set of open source and industry accepted technologies for our problems such as GoLang, React, Node, Java and Angular.
As a leader in our team, you will guide one or more teams of engineers in building simple solutions to solve hard problems. You will drive product or platform development from roadmap planning through engineering execution to production operations. While managing employees you will also get your hands dirty by executing actual engineering tasks.
In addition, you will:
- Own engineering roadmap for the product and work with stakeholders to build quarterly plans
- Actively manage team or teams of employees, gathering and providing candid feedback, mentoring and coaching individuals and delegating appropriately
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements and deliver high-quality work on timely schedules
- Drive planning meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
Expectations for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of management experience
- Experience in hiring and managing teams of engineers
- Proven track record of successful project planning and execution
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documents, architecture reviews)
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.