Software Development Manager, Web
As the world’s leading SaaS platform for managing and automating collaborative work, Smartsheet is the best way for businesses to plan, collect, handle, automate, and report on work; enabling them move from idea to impact fast. Over 100,000 customers, and millions of information workers, trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution, enhance collaboration and visibility, and empower individuals.
Smartsheet is seeking a development manager who will support the web team in the creation of innovative and interactive digital experiences across the Smartsheet marketing website properties. This individual will manage a team of experienced front and back end developers and work closely with an in-house team of PM’s, designers and business stakeholders. A successful candidate will have an established background in managing and scaling teams as well as a strong technical ability with drive and passion to be a standout individual contributor.
This position will be located at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA and will report to the Director of Digital Marketing.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Managing a team of engineers responsible for both front and back end website development, aligning team members to tasks and projects for optimal results.
- Collaborating with team members on troubleshooting and creating solutions to complex problems
- Understanding the business vision, mission, and strategy and how their code supports and affects business outcomes
- Working with business stakeholders to design and implement new features
- Individual contribution work - developing and implementing new user-facing features that create delightful user experiences on the marketing website
- Work with our team to continually improve the methods, process and approach used by a fast-paced, world-class digital marketing team.
Skills And Qualifications:
- 6+ years of technical experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Strong people management skills with a proven track record in hiring, developing and retaining talent
- Hands on leader who conducts regular code review for designing solutions and problem solving
- Strong project management skills, preferably with experience in an agile development environment
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Passionate about and stays on the cutting edge of emerging web technologies
- Experience with web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience with cross-browser/device compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Experience with PHP-based content management systems such as WordPress and Drupal a plus
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies a plus
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.