At Chewy, we are disrupting the pet products industry by offering our customers the easiest way to get the premium products they want, backed by unparalleled service. We strive to win at everything we do, whether that means bending over backwards to gain our customers’ trust and loyalty or creating a creative and stimulating work environment for our employees. We aim to wow our customers—and our employees. Trust us. You will notice the difference from the moment you become a candidate with us.
At Chewy, we believe in ownership and accountability and value creativity. We are makers and doers who thrive on the desire to drive results. We approach our mission to provide the best service and pet products anywhere with a dogged determination and a disposition that is as sunny as the South Florida oceanfront we call home. Sure, we work hard, but we have fun, too. Of course, that is not hard to do when you get to bring your favorite four-legged friend to the office.
Chewy is hiring a Manager of Software Engineering for the Native Mobile App (NMA) team in Seattle, WA. to lead a feature team within the Chewy’s mobile app ecosystem and related Consumer Experiences (CX). The NMA team’s mandate is to deliver compelling end-to-end experiences that grow and deepen relationships with pet parents and increase their engagement with the Chewy iOS and Android apps. As a technology leader, you will own a feature engineering team tasked to deliver engaging, high impact customer experiences. You will be involved in high-impact decisions and initiatives undertaken by the company, giving you a front row seat to shape Chewy’s growth.
To be successful in the role, you will need a proven track record of being an innovator, and strong people leader. You will need to operate at depth, understanding every detail of the organization’s product goals, as well as being able to “zoom out” to connect the dots across the technology stack. Finally, you will have demonstrated flexibility and willingness to roll up your sleeves to lead your team through ever changing priorities and interesting challenges. A start-up mentality is a must.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and lead a team of experienced Software Engineers and Quality Engineers
- Work and collaborate with others in Engineering Leadership to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production operations
- Partner with our recruiting team to continue to build your team and mentor the growth of the current talented team
- Drive technical decisions and work with your product owners to manage the backlogs to support multiple teams within the Chewy Software organization
- Establish strong working relationships across functional teams
- Identify and manage priorities within the context of overall Chewy objectives
- Work with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing significant software development projects
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- Proven delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Demonstrated experience leading teams building and growing iOS and/or Android apps
- Able to work under pressure and to adapt to changing circumstances while applying analytical and technical skills to shape corporate initiatives
- Proven record in attracting, developing, and motivating the talent needed for current and future business needs. Demonstration of maintaining high performance expectations and leading teams to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Position will require travel between Seattle and Boston at least twice per calendar year