Software Engineer, Automation
Do you like to break things just to see how meticulously they were constructed? Do you enjoy working closely with developers who share the responsibility to develop with uncompromising quality?
We are looking for people who have passion for building secure and scale-able systems that can operate in some of the largest and most demanding environments.
Have you perfected your manual testing approach but find betters ways via automation? Do you want a role that maintains a technical challenge but fosters your growth within the automation domain?
Think you have what it takes to build, test, and support components that will enable our team to innovate rapidly?
The ExtraHop platform is a novel approach to processing vast amounts of wire data in real-time. Want to join a collaborative team that builds solutions which provide deep performance insights, behavioral security analyses, and drive business analytics? Keep reading.
We have a global and diverse user base—we believe in actively investing in a diverse engineering organization. We are seeking technically-qualified people from all backgrounds, who offer dynamic perspectives, influences, and experiences. Are you as passionate as we are about positive culture and amazing technology? If you are, we can't wait to chat with you.
Are you looking to make an impact? Do you love seeing your work implemented and hearing how your contributions have made a difference? ExtraHop offers an exciting, high energy, and versatile environment in which people are encouraged and supported to collaborate on industry-leading technology while they develop and enrich their individual growth. And we're doing it with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor (it's required here, seriously).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be part of a small team that tests the ExtraHop product line.
- Plan and Implement Automated tests to validate ExtraHop features/functionality in all areas, focusing on the Cloud.
- Translate Manual test cases into robust Automated tests using existing toolset.
- Triage and maintain test suites in a CI environment
- Work with other Engineering teams as necessary to ensure proper coverage
- Drive product quality and feature growth through informative issue writing
- Track and manage feature testing tasks to completion.
- Assist in the release process as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years scripting and/or OOP programming experience (plus for Python)
- Linux OS experience
- Experience with an Issue Tracking systems (e.g. Perforce, JIRA, trac, Bugzilla, etc.) and following Bugs to resolution
- Prior Test Framework development and maintenance experience
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with Test Automation, preferably using BDD (e.g. Python Behave driving Selenium)
- History of creating test infrastructure for complex products and networking solutions.
- CI Pipeline experience
- Prior experience automating REST API testing
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of Testing methodologies
- Experience with SDLC, preferably Agile (Scrum or Kanban)
- Someone who's excited about not only finding issues, but is only satisfied by understanding the how and why of the issue
- Experience with open source software, especially test automation solutions
- Experience with AWS/Azure or other Clouds platforms
- Experience with on site-virtualization platforms or containers
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from core to edge to cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investment in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its 2018 Super 70 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inaugural Disruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $100 million in bookings in 2018, and 10x growth in security, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law