We are looking for seasoned back end software engineers of mid to senior level caliber who are excited to be a part of taking Knock to the next level.
The Engineering and Product teams consist of 40 talented and passionate team members, working to make Knock the premier software product in the Multifamily real estate industry. Our tools and applications touch every part of the consumer apartment-hunting experience, as well as every part of the back-end leasing and renewal workflows.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves as consumers: the process of renting an apartment sucked. It was disorganized, time consuming, and frustrating. It seemed landlords were stuck in the past and didn’t understand how to use technology to their advantage. But the problems and solutions seemed obvious to us, and we had a vision for what a better experience should be. After validating our insights with a few early customers (who became investors) we got to work partnering with real estate companies to deliver on turning that vision into reality.
Seven years later, we have helped our property management customers find apartments for millions of renters. We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the productivity and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer satisfaction at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In March of 2019 we announced we raised a $10m Series A round to continue to accelerate growth and product development, led by Madrona Venture Group: https://www.geekwire.com/2019/madrona-leads-10m-round-knock-crm-communications-service-apartment-landlords/
In January 2020 we were honored to receive recognition as one of Seattle’s Best Small Companies to Work by BuiltIn Seattle: https://www.builtinseattle.com/companies/best-small-places-to-work-seattle-2020
In May 2020 we announced we raised a $12m Series B round to continue on the path of growth, led by Madrona Venture Group, with partners from Lead Edge Capital and Seven Peaks Ventures:https://www.geekwire.com/2020/product-built-times-like-seattle-startup-knock-raises-12m/
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in exceptional talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been incredibly fortunate to build an amazing team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- 3+ years experience in Python or other high-level dynamic languages
- 3+ years experience in distributed systems and backend services design
- 3+ years experience with relational databases; PostgreSQL preferred
- Experience in frontend stacks a plus
- Worked with a variety of users and cross-functional teams within your organization
- Unit testing, integration testing, and writing design documentation
- Experience working in fast-paced, agile teams
- Strong bias for quality and automated testing
Why You'll Love It Here
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Flexible time off & paid holidays
- 401k to help you save for the future
- Stock options
- Gym membership at LA Fitness Signature Clubs
- We like to do fun things together! Conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours
- Parental leave program
- Whatever mode of transportation you use - we got you covered!
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the Knock team
- Plus free lunch on Fridays!
At Knock we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.