Software Engineer - Data
At Drift, we believe the future of energy is smarter, more efficient, cheaper, and greener. To do this, we need to ingest and process data from a variety of sources, reliably, and at scale. We're hiring a software engineer to help build the infrastructure and services to make our software platform even smarter.
In this role, you'll collaborate with data scientists, software engineers, and other specialists to understand and translate business needs into data schemas, pipelines, and APIs. You'll bring together data and algorithms to help bring transparency and better pricing to the energy market.
Drift is a great place to build, learn, and experiment. Some of the technologies we use every day include Python, Elixir, Go, Docker, MySQL, lambda, Azure, and AWS. Come join us!
In this role you will:
* Design and build pipelines for ingesting and processing data
* Work with the data science team and other stakeholders to understand and solve business problems
* Support data processing needs across the company
* Build APIs for internal and external consumption
We'd love to hear from you if:
* You build reliable systems that are easy to operate in production
* You are highly analytical, preferably with a background in a quantitative field of study
* You're experienced with at least one of SQL, Spark, Hadoop, and Kafka
* You're proficient with Python and at least one other programming language
* You have strong organizational and self-management skills
* You're experienced working across disciplines in a dynamic environment
* Free lunch, snacks, and drinks in the office
* Self-managed time off
* Awesome office space in Belltown
* Orca Pass
* 99% paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for employees
* Generous paid maternity and paternity leave
We built Drift to be a place where you can do your best work. Drift strongly values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to gender- and race-based pay parity. We promise that you'll feel valued and have opportunities to contribute meaningfully as a member of our team.